Tuesday, September 18, 2012

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 3

Day 3: Favorite characters and which books they're from.

So, I don't really know about this one because there are so many characters from so many different books that I absolutely adore and I can't remember them all off the top of my head. So i'm going to tell you what I love in a character instead!

I love characters that are strong willed, and relatable at the same time. I need characters to be believable and well rounded. I don't like wishy-washy characters who go back and forth between strong-willed and weak. Characters can change through experiences throughout the books, but it has to be one of the overall points of your story. The character can't just change because you realized that she doesn't fit the role or the story that's being told.

I also love characters who are witty and sarcastic which is probably why I like John Green's characters sooo much! If you can make me laugh, even when it's supposed to be a depressing part of the book.. kudos to the character (through the author's writing of course).

Tell me you're favorite characters or what you look for in your favorite characters!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment