Friday, September 28, 2012

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 8

Day 8: Favorite quotes from books.

I have a lot of these, and they're all from the same couple of books. I'll pick out a couple though and they'll be ones that I can remember right now from my other blog posts, because if you had me finding them in all my favorite books it'd be impossible (especially since I don't have most of my books here at college with me!) So here are a few.


"I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them." (The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky)

"I don't know if you've ever felt like that. That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. I think that wanting that is very morbid, but I want it when I get like this. That's why I'm trying not to think. I just want it all to stop spinning." (The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky)


"You left me Perhapsless, stuck in your goddamned labyrinth." (Looking For Alaska by John Green)

"Just like that. From a hundred miles an hour to asleep in a nanosecond. I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. not fuck, like in those movies. not even have sex. Just sleep together, in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was a drizzle and she was a hurricane." (Looking for Alaska by John Green)

"After all this time, it still seems to me like straight and fast is the only way out -- but I choose the labyrinth. The labyrinth blows, but I choose it." (Looking for Alaska by John Green)

"When you have been burned by fire once, you don't leap into the flames again." (Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer)

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, then all at once." (The Fault in Our Stars by John Green)

 "You disappear so completely into your head sometimes. I wish I could follow you." (City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare).

 I really wish I had more time to find more for you all, and that I had my books so I could pour over them and find my favorite quotes. Maybe I'll do that over winter break or something when I have nothing to do! But I hope you enjoy these favorites from what I could find (:

What are your favorite book quotes?

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I’m a follower of yours, and have nominated you for The Lovely Blog Award! You do have a great Blog, and I hope you check out my post which will feature your blog as a nominee, tomorrow, Sunday, the 30th, and do check it, because I will be giving away a $5 Amazon Gift Card, something I chose to offer, so hope you stop by! :)

    http://www.fortheloveoffilmandnovels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you so much! This means a lot and I'll definitely go stop by! (:

      Delete