Tuesday, September 11, 2012

inDIVISIBLE by Ryan Hunter Book Review

Hey everyone! The review I'm going to be doing today is of inDIVISIBLE by Ryan Hunter. It's already out to purchase for Kindle on Amazon (link below) so check it out!


inDIVISIBLE
by Ryan Hunter
Published August 28, 2012
257 pages

Brynn Aderdie had everything: a loving family, security, and an electronic implant that monitored her every move.

Brynn had everything but freedom.

When her father's life is taken Brynn vows to find that freedom, but it's a task that puts her life at stake. She's tagged as a terrorist and put on an Alliance kill list, forcing her to leave her home and become the rebel they already believe her to be.

Brynn learns a lesson many in One United have already learned -- by failing to protect their rights, Citizens have forfeited their lives with little hope to ever recover their own identities. 


inDIVISIBLE grabbed my attention from the title and the synopsis. I couldn't wait to read it! It's about a girl who after losing her father, realizes that everything she has known is different. She starts to understand what her father had talked to her in code about, and she goes on the run trying to fight the Alliance who knows that she knows too much.

I loved this book! It brought me back to the good parts about dystopian novels that I love. The Hunger Games had been the last good dystopian story line that I have read. The others were too focused on romance, or love and didn't have any good action and left me hating the idea of any more dystopian novels. This one had the right amount of action and was sprinkled with some romance that fit just perfectly. Brynn was a very believable, very real character. I liked how she fought the different way of thinking at first, not wanting to believe that all she knew was wrong and that the Alliance wasn't what she had grown up learning it to be. That's something I believe anyone in that position would do, rather than the books where they whole-heartedly accept it.

She's also very humble and I really enjoyed that part. I liked watching her figure everything out and honestly not know why they were really after her. The ending looked like it was set up for a sequel (pretty please!!!!) because it left me with so many questions and I just wanted more! Thank you, Hunter, for bringing back my love for dystopian novels! I think this was definitely a good read.
My rating: 4/5

Buy it:  Amazon (For Kindle)

2 comments:

  1. I actually really dislike it when characters fight what they think is right... I guess it's because it's painfully clear to me what is going on and what is wrong with their world but that doesn't stop it for bugging me. Nice review (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the book review! I enjoy hearing how my writing affects people!

    ReplyDelete