Friday, October 26, 2012

Fan Girl Friday #3

Hey everyone! So this Fan Girl Friday is an interview with Nic from Bookmark Reviews who also so kindly helped me by answering this questions for my research paper on blogging! Go check out his blog because he's awesome and his reviews are fantastic!!


Maureen's Book Haven: Why did you start your blog?

Nic: Funny story actually. This one night I was surfing the internet and as every kids dream, I wanted to become rich. At the time I still had some common sense and knew I couldn't become an overnight billionaire  That's when I found a great site which gave me the idea to blog. While at first I focused on making money I knew this wouldn't be possible. So I took the sites advice and blogged about something I was passionate about and could talk for hours on end about! This just so happened to be books. I soon found out my real passion for Book Blogging, and so the money became more of an extra bonus rather than a goal.

Maureen's Book Haven: What motivates you to keep posting on your blog?

Nic: My readers motivate me the most. When it's been a while I haven't posted but can never get the time to do so, I think about my readers who take a few minutes of their own day to read my thoughts on a certain book. Of course my rankings are also a constant reminder to post more often then I should but my readers are my main supporters and motivators.

Maureen's Book Haven: How often do you normally post?

Nic: Posting always depends on what time of the year it is. For me posting daily during my summer vacation is an accomplishment! Posting once every three day sis quite acceptable as well during that time period. If I can maintain that 1 post every three day during my school period than I would most certainly give myself a huge high five! Although on normal occasions that 1 post every three days extends to every week or so. This is the cause of having no time whatsoever and needing to actually read a book before posting since my blog's main aspect is reviews.

Maureen's Book Haven: How many followers do you have?

Nic: Currently I have 109 lovely followers. It has taken me around 6 months to acquire them but considering I do not take part in any forum posts that bring forth "undedicated followers" which can be identified by the post label "Follow for a follow" I am quite proud.

Maureen's Book Haven: How much time do you spend on your blog per week?

Nic: Let's say... 10 minutes everyday checking out my stats and so forth. 2 hours a week writing a post and editing it as well as customizing my features which needs to be done every post... that would be around 3 hours a week.

Maureen's Book Haven: Is blogging a dominant part of your everyday life? If so, how dominant?

Nic: It's somewhat dominant. I wish I could let it be my full time job but considering my age and the fact that 99% of internet businesses do not make it out there (the numbers are made by myself) then I can't make it my main priority. But I certainly will blog at the nearest opportunity I have! 

Maureen's Book Haven: Are there any benefits for you from blogging? If so, what are they?

Nic: Of course! Benefits such as meeting new people all over the world with the same interests in books. Sharing thoughts and reading people point of views, which in turn, can change your own mindset. Being able to express what I feel about a certain book or topic. As well as the side money that comes in, if any at all!

Thank you so much Nic! I love your blog & everyone should go check him out!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment