Friday, October 12, 2012

Fan-Girl Friday!

This is a new thing I'm going to do where every Friday, I'm going to have something I'm fan-girling about or Blogger Interviews! These next couple weeks will be interviews with bloggers who helped me out with my English paper by agreeing to be interviewed! The first one is one of my favorite and most enthusiastic bloggers -- Ashley from The Bookish Brunette. If you don't already know her blog, then you need to go there ASAP!!

Maureen's Book Haven: Why did you start your blog?

Ashley BB: I started book blogging after about six months of book blog stalking! I've always read so much, and never really had anyone to SHARE my love of books with... As no one in my "real life" is a reader like I am! So, basically I wanted to share my love of books with people who love books as much as I do!

Maureen's Book Haven: What motivates you to keep posting on your blog?

Ashley BB: Motivation... See, now that one is hard! Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with blog obligations and responsibilities that it is VERY difficult to keep motivated! But then I'll get an email from one of my favorite authors asking me if I'd like to review their latest masterpiece... Or I'll get an email/tweet from a fan of the Bookish Brunette and then I'm overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity from other people and I can easily stay motivated after a few nice words! :)

Maureen's Book Haven: How often do you normally post?

Ashley BB: I try to post 5-7 days a week. I don't like "filler" content, like posting "just so something is up for the day" so if I have nothing - then it's just an "off day"!

Maureen's Book Haven: How many followers do you have?

Ashley BB: 

Blog subscribers: 1800-2000
Twitter followers: 4300
FB: 1500
Goodreads: 1600

These numbers are from about a month ago when I checked for the Bloggy Awards!

Maureen's Book Haven: How much time do you spend on your blog per week?

Ashley BB: I plead the fifth! ;) I'm afraid to actually add them up for seeming a bit obsessive compulsive about my blog! But if I had to guess, between answering emails, visiting other blogs, researching new stuff and actually WRITING post content... Probably at least 30+ hours! O_o

Maureen's Book Haven: Is blogging a dominant part of your everyday life? If so, how dominant?

Ashley BB: Yes. Blogging and the blogging community dominates a fairly large part of my everyday life. I'm generally always thinking/worrying/planning things for the blog... So if I'm not ACTUALLY on the computer DOING something, I'm THINKING about all the things that need to be done!

Maureen's Book Haven: Are there any benefits for you from blogging? If so, what are they?

Ashley BB: Of course! The people I've met are absolutely invaluable to me! Talking to the authors I've admired FOREVER always eaves me feeling giddy! Random people know who I am, just from my blog. And the BOOKS! :) I remember there was a time that I thought that I'd never have "too many" books. Like WHAT does that even mean? But as my husband was building my new 8x10ft bookshelf (to compliment the 6x8ft one I already have) I was rethinking that statement... I'm going to end up being "that crazy book lady" to my kids friends! :)


Thank you so much Ashley for your help on my paper and for just being awesome! You're such a sweetheart!

Happy Reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment