Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 23

Day 23: You judged a book by it's cover -- and it was awful. What book was it?

A book I judged by it's cover was the book and it was awful was definitely Delirium by Lauren Oliver. Now, I picked up this book for many reasons, not just it's cover. I loved Lauren Oliver's book Before I Fall, it was amazing so I thought I'd try out another one of her books and I really just didn't like it. I know this is the unpopular opinion but I really hated Delirium. It just didn't grab me in and was just not an enjoyable experience for me. However, the cover -- just like Before I Fall -- is a close up of a girls face and it's just stunning. It's like they eye contact immediately draws you in. 





What book did you pick up just cause of the cover and it ended up being awful?

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I've been wanting to read this book but now taht I've read this I'm not sure! Dang, I was hoping it would be a really good one!

    MaMa's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of other people really liked it but for me it fell flat! I didn't really enjoy it, so maybe it was just me but everyone else raves about it!

      Delete