Sunday, November 11, 2012

Curse of the Wolf by Danica Winters Book Review


Curse of the Wolf
by Danica Winters
Published May 9, 2012 by Ravenous Romance
424 pages

For cursed, shape-shifting Veela Gloriana, following her heart and giving her body to sexy, tortured werewolf Alexander means one thing 0 he will die and it will again be her fault. Once only a man, Alexander finds himself scarred by the memories of his former life and the deceptions and lies that surround him. When a glimmer of light breaks the madness, he must let go of his misguided preconceptions and the hatred that consumes him.

On a mission for blood, they find unity in their desire for revenge, but are driven apart by their pasts. Traveling the darkest paths and fighting the very people they think they can trust, they draw closer to one another's hearts and further into danger.

Will the curse prove to be unstoppable... or is there hope in forbidden love?

Curse of the Wolf was about this Veela, Gloriana, who has a curse set down on her... One that has already hurt someone very much. When she meets Alex, the werewolf, she's afraid of what might happen to him as she starts to feel something. Meanwhile, she's still seeking revenge for the death of her previous lover and trying to keep safe. She's got a ton going on and the story follows her journey.

I thought this story was very different and very good! The beginning, while it drew me in with the story line started off weird and I believe a bit too fast between Alex and Gloriana but as we get more into the story I really loved it. I loved the different kind of supernatural that was thrown into this story. It wasn't the normal werewolf story like I was expecting. There were things like veela, elves, and sorcerers all included in one story. I also liked the fact that it didn't seem fake -- it was a believable story set in our normal world with a few differences. It wasn't too far fetched that it made me not want to read it.

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that while there were details about certain things, I still felt a little wanting. I feel the characters weren't as well developed as I would have liked even if they were entertaining. Even when they were hearing their thoughts it seemed impersonal and I had a hard time connecting fully with the characters while they still were understandable.

This book was a bit steamy because it is a romance and it's not a young adult book. I really liked the story and I really liked the plot and how it kept moving along. It didn't drag at all and I really liked that about the story after reading some that were too slow!

My rating: 3/5
Buy it:  Barnes & Noble  or  Amazon

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment