Friday, November 16, 2012

Fan Girl Friday #6

Hey everybody it's time for another Fan Girl Friday! Same questions, different blogger! Thank you to everyone who wanted to be interviewed for my paper, I'm still awaiting a grade but you guys made the experience enjoyable just because I got to read your responses and now I'm sharing them with everyone! Today's blogger that we are fan girling over is Caitlin from the Y.A. Bookworm Blogger site.


Maureen's Book Haven: Why did you start your blog?

Caitlin: I think what really got me to start my blog was how sad I would feel every time I read a book, and I had no one to talk to about it! I got so frustrated that I started googling reviews for the book I was reading at the time and came across a book review blog called Stuck in Books. I started reading her reviews and I was like, "Hey, I kind of want to do this!" It took me about a year before I actually went through with it, but now I have The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger!

Maureen's Book Haven: What motivates you to keep posting on your blog?

Caitlin: Seeing other bloggers constantly putting up reviews and participating in fun things like cover reveals is probably what keeps me motivated the most -- especially on days when I don't fell like posting at all. I also find my blog in general a big motivator for me. I can't even imagine not posting, because if I just suddenly stopped, I would feel like the last 10 months of my life would have been a waste!

Maureen's Book Haven: How often do you normally post?

Caitlin: I participate in three weekly features (Memory Lane Monday, Swoon Thursday, and Feature and Follow Friday). In addition to these weekly features, I try to get at least two book reviews posted each week, as well as any extra cover reveals, blog tours, etc. that I have signed up for. In summary, a normal week consists of about five posts!


Maureen's Book Haven: How many followers do you have?

Caitlin: 


GFC (Google Friends Connect): 350
E-mail Subscribers: 23
Twitter: 374
Facebook Likes: 34

Maureen's Book Haven: How much time do you spend on your blog per week?

Caitlin: Each week, I probably spend an average of about 6-7 hours (not including reading time) on my blog. This includes writing posts, publicizing, commenting on other blogs and answering emails.

Maureen's Book Haven: Is blogging a dominant part of your everyday life? If so, how dominant?

Caitlin: Aside from school, my blog is a pretty dominant part of my life. I averagely spend at least an hour a day doing things for my blog and I'm always looking for new ways to attract readers.

Maureen's Book Haven: Are there any benefits for you from blogging? If so, what are they?

Caitlin: Through blogging, I've been able to get to know some great people in the blogging community. I get to talk about books all the time with people through my blog, twitter and facebook -- seeing as that's the reason I started my blog, this has been a huge plus for me! I've always gotten opportunities to read ARCs and review copies, which is something I would have never been able to do before.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions for me! It really means a lot! If everyone could go check Caitlin and her awesome blog out it would be a huge thank you favor from me!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment