Sunday, November 25, 2012

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake Book Review


Girl of Nightmares (Anna #2)
by Kendare Blake
Published August 7, 2012 by Tor Teen
332 pages

It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on.

His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live -- not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.

Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.

Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.

Girl of Nightmares is the sequel to the original story Anna Dressed in Blood. Here, all your favorite characters are back... except for Anna who was sent to Hell when she saved Cas. No matter how hard he tries, even though he really doesn't, Anna never leaves ghost hunter Cas's mind. When he starts seeing her again in his weirdest nightmares and dreams he knows that she shouldn't be where she is and she is not at peace.

I really do love these characters. I think that this book was better than the first. There was more action and the plot had a lot more happening in it to keep the story really entertaining. The romance, having a rocky base, fit well for this story even if it was still a little awkward. When Cas and Anna are together I feel like the romance is awkward and doesn't fit the story but when they're apart and he's working to figure out what's going on, I like the romance more. It's so weird!

This book follows along the same lines of scariness as did the first book. It really won't keep you up at night even though some parts might be a little freaky it definitely isn't a super scary book. It's a good Halloween read to get into the mood without scaring you to the point of nightmares!!

I really love the author's writing style and I fell in love with Cas a little more. I also liked the new characters and the new developments in the way the story twisted. I like how the little things surprise me and the entire story isn't predictable. Overall, I definitely think that if you read Anna Dressed in Blood, you should read this one especially if Anna Dressed in Blood didn't wow you too much because this one was definitely better!

My rating: 3.5/5
Buy it:  Barnes & Noble  or  Amazon

Happy Reading!!





4 comments:

  1. I love that you use books as your rating scale. I use tiaras and do the same. Great review. Please check out my site and reviews at anitabook.com. Blessings, anita of anitabook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you on book blogs.
    Love the review. I'm not a new follower.
    Hope you can visit my blog too some day and I hope you like it :)
    LadyBug
    http://english-written-portairt.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!! And i'll definitely check it out!!

      Delete