Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington Book Review


Embrace
by Jessica Shirvington
Published October 1, 2010 by Hachette Australia
382 pages

It starts with a whisper: "It's time for you to know who you are..."

Violet Eden dreads her seventeenth birthday. After all, it's hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother's death. As if that wasn't enough, disturbing dreams haunt her sleep and leave her with very real injuries. There's a dark tattoo weaving it's way up her arms that wasn't there before.

Violet is determined to get some answers, but nothing could have prepared her for the truth. The guy she thought she could fall in love with has been keeping his identity a secret: he's only half-human -- oh, and same goes for her.

A centuries-old battle between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity has chosen its new warrior. It's a fight Violet doesn't want, but she lives her life by two rules: don't run and don't quit. When angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden...

From goodreads.com


Embrace is about this girl Violet Eden who has no mother, a distant dad, and weird nightmares. Things start to happen to her -- there are weird patterns being drawn on her skin as she wakes up and her dreams seem too real. Then she finds out that Lincoln, the guy who's always been there for her, was holding in a huge secret. Now that it's revealed, can she trust him again? Can she trust anyone she meets in this new world she's been thrust into like the mysterious Phoenix? Who is telling the truth and who really cares?

I loved this book!! I had seen mixed reviews about it but I thought it was awesome! It was a light, fun, entertaining read. I read it in two days and that's with studying for finals starting! It was so addictive and I loved the characters. I'm a sucker for a love triangle so this one pulled me in. The characters were entertaining and I liked the story. It was something different from other angel stories -- it was part of it's own little category.

It was dramatic and the story didn't drag. I couldn't believe how far I was getting in such little time! The story just drew me in. It was fast-paced and enticing. I really can't wait until I can pick up the next book and the third because I really really want to know what's going to happen next. I highly recommend this book and I've heard the ones in the series are even better so I honestly can't wait!

My rating: 4/5
Buy it:  Barnes & Noble  or  Amazon

Happy Reading!!

1 comment: