Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Storm (The Elementals Series #1) by Brigid Kemmerer Book Review


Storm (The Elementals Series #1)
by Brigid Kemmerer
Published April 24, 2012 by Kensington
353 pages

Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys -- all the ones she doesn't want. Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her.

Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming.

Storm is about this girl Becca who has a reputation -- thanks to her nasty ex-boyfriend who spread lies about her. Now with more guys entering her life, it seems like a problem. When she says Chris Merrick from getting beat up she doesn't understand what she's getting into. He and his brothers can control different elements and they're in trouble. Now she's mixed up in it and these people weren't who they thought they'd be. She tries to find some normalcy in the new guy, Hunter, but even he has his secrets.

This was phenomenal. I really loved this book. It was action packed -- and had a love triangle that made me swoon. Chris sounded so freaking hot that I think I have a major crush on him. I have been wanting a book like this forever -- I even started writing one completely different but dealing with sort of the same things like the element control and it was really cool to see someone's take on it. I really loved the story line and I really had no clue what was going to happen. I love when books keep you guessing and this was one of them!

The characters were well rounded and I really felt like I knew them even if it was in third person the whole time. But we got to see it from both Becca and Chris's perspectives through the third person which was really cool. This book has been talked about for a while on the book blogs and I finally got around to ordering it and finally got around to reading it and I couldn't put it down. I finished it in one day and I can't wait to get both Spark (#2) and Spirit (#3) in the series!! This is a story line I think they could do a lot with, but I couldn't even guess the story line so I'm really excited and I really need to get around to buying those as well.

I highly recommend this book to others! Have any of you read it? And if you have let me know what you thought, and if you've read the next one tell me if it follows in Storm's footsteps or not!!

My rating: 5/5
Buy it:  Barnes & Noble  or  Amazon

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment